Techno Goes to the Olympics
Germany-based Great Stuff Recordings is taking techno into previously uncharted territory on its forthcoming label compilation–namely, the Olympic Summer Games in Beijing.
The double-disc release, simply titled Great Summer Games Stuff, will feature 24 electronic music artists hand-picked from 24 countries participating in the games. Exclusive tracks by everyone from Atomic Hooligan to Iran-born, Berlin-based producer Namito make up the sampler, and though the lineup is diverse, minimal is the main ingredient here.
Great Summer Games Stuff is out July 21. For all the sports-crazy readers out there, the Olympic Games kick off on August 8.
01 Makossa & Megablast ft. Kuchok Yoenten - Tibet
02 Amir – Syria
03 Namito - Iran
04 Butch – Turkey
05 Danilo Vigorito – Italy
06 Etienne De Crécy - France
07 Swen Weber – Germany
08 David Amo & Julio Navas - Spain
09 Tomcraft - Bavaria
10 Aldrin & Akien - Singapur
11 Fergie – Ireland
12 Ramon Tapia – Belgium
01 Tokyo Black Star - Japan
02 Rui Da Silva – Portugal
03 Markus Mehta – India
04 Gusgus – Iceland
05 Mihalis Safras – Greece
06 Steve Angello pres. Who’s Who? – Sweden
07 OK Corral – Romania
08 Atomic Hooligan – England
09 Greg Churchill – New Zealand
10 Tommy Trash – Australia
11 Lucca – Czech Republic
12 Lützenkirchen – Cuba
Above: Namito. Photo by Shahrham Jafari.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player