Alias Readies New Album
In the five years since we last heard from him, Brendon Whitney has kept busy with a move back to his hometown of Portland, Maine, collaborating with Ehren and Tarsier, and working on Resurgam, his latest release under the Alias guise.
Whitney had a couple guests stop by for appearances on the disk, including anticon. labelmates WHY? and L.A.-based songwriter The One AM Radio. The combined efforts of all these parties make for a pleasantly melodic collage of avant-hop and electro that retains a dream-like quality throughout its 13 tracks. But what else is there to do in the dead of winter in Maine besides meticulously craft songs that, from their titles, appear to be obsessed with death and Oakland?
Resurgam will be out September 2 via anticon. Vinyl copies are limited to a run of 1500, so scoop 'em up while you can.
01 New to a Few
02 I Heart Drum Machines
03 Well Water Black feat. WHY?
04 Oakland Morning
05 M.G. Jack
06 Prelude to a Death Wish
07 Death Watch
08 Autumnal Ego
09 Place of No More Question
11 The Weathering feat. The One AM Radio
13 Oakland in the Rearview
More on Alias
MP3: "Well Water Black feat. WHY?"
Feature: Alias in the Studio
Photo by Morgan Howland.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player