Boogie Releases New Book
Since releasing his self-titled sophomore book in 2007, Serbian-born, New York-based photographer Boogie has kept busy documenting life south of the equator.
The result of this is Sao Paulo, a new collection of photographs from the Brazilian capitol that takes a close look at the population's day-to-day existence. If you know Sao Paulo, this isn't the most uplifting topic to explore, but such is the nature of Boogie's work, and we should count ourselves lucky that someone has the guts to train a camera on the realities beyond our New Era cap and blog-house existence.
Pick Sao Paulo up now from Upper Playground.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player