Dublab Throws Tonalism 2008, Serves Tea
Grab your pillow or sofa cushion and head down to the beaches of Santa Monica next weekend, for Tonalism 2008. Hosted by the famous dublab crew, the event has historically combined lush, ambient music with visuals designed to relax party-goers and draw their attention to the experiment for extended periods of time. Which basically means that people lie around listening to music, watching compelling visuals, and drinking the complementary hot tea the crew serves up. This year's event follows suite, and is part of the larger Glow festival held by the city of Santa Monica each year.
The usual suspects will be DJing at Tonalism throughout the night, including frosty, Carlos Nino, Hoseh, Jimmy Tamborello, Sam Cooper, Katie Byron, Ale, and Part Time Punks DJ Michael Stook. Special performances will be made by White Rainbow, Albert Ortega, Steve Roden, and others. The party kicks off July 19 at 7:30 p.m. at the Looff Hippodrome Carousel (located on the Santa Monica Pier). Oh, and it's free.
Above: The Tonalism Lazer Carpet. Photo by Noe Montes.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player