Free YR Radio Dates Announced
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Two successful years at SXSW later, the Free YR Radio campaign is ready to hit the road.
Created by Toyota Yaris, and Urban Outfitters, the campaign is intended to raise awareness and support for indie radio, and has seen the likes of Simian Mobile Disco, Dizzee Rascal, Klaxons, and Sonic Youth roll through for the parties.
This summer and fall will see another slew of dates and artists co-hosting concerts along with local radio shows, not to mention sweepstakes to win a brand-new Yaris, and some fundraising action. A benefit compilation is also planned, featuring tracks by participating artists, and proceeds will go towards, yup, support for the stations. All shows are free of charge, but pick up an e-ticket for entry at the campaign's site.
And here are the dates:
Tuesday, August 17
Where: Philadelphia, PA @ Urban Outfitters, 110 S. 36th St.
Music By: Dave P, The Secret Machines
Hosted By: WPRB
Sunday, September 7
Where: Omaha, NE @ Slowdown, 745 N 14th St.
Music By: Dan Deacon
Hosted By: KIWR
Wednesday, September 24
Where: Salt Lake City, UT @ Urban Outfitters, 12 S. 400 W. St.
Music By: Tokyo Police Club
Hosted By: KRCL
Pictured: Tokyo Police Club.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player