Girl Talk, Chromeo Play Capitol Hill
With Sup Pop's 20th Anniversary Party finished and the 2008 Decibel Festival still a couple months away, Seattle looks to to another kind of multi-day party for the interim. The Capitol Hill Block Party, now in its 11th year, is an annual music showcase that gathers indie and underground bands in the U.S., with a special focus on Northwest-based artists.
The 2008 edition, to take place July 25 and 26, will feature four stages, live performances broadcast on Seattle's KEXP radio station, and a lineup that includes Girl Talk, Chromeo, Les Savy Fav, Vampire Weekend, Mika Miko, Common Market, and many more.
Tickets are probably the cheapest you'll find for any outdoor festival this year, with advance passes being a mere $18 and two-day tickets priced at $34. Partial proceeds will go towards violence-prevention non-profit Home Alive and The Vera Project, a youth-operated, all-ages venue and recording studio.
Airborn Toxic Event
The Heavy Hearts
Natalie Portman's Shaved Head
Black Eyes and Neck Ties
Head LIke a Kite
Les Savy Fav
The Whore Moans
The Loved Ones
Sleepy Eyes of Death
Book of Black Earth
LP & BB
Grand Ole Party
Darker My Love
The Builders and The Butchers
Throw Me a Statue
Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground
The Hold Steady
Above: Girl Talk. Photo By Jarrod Curry.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player