Graniph Contest Winners Announced
A new generation of designers has just been ushered in, thanks to Tokyo-based Graniph, whose Design Award.2 competition ran earlier this year.
Thirty winners were chosen from tens of thousands of t-shirt designs submitted, with subject matter ranging from books and bikes to bears with gas masks and tubes of toothpaste.
The Gold award (a.k.a. the grand prize winner) went to Cho Jo Tzu of Taiwan, whose design is pictured above.
Ten silver awards were given to Chan Man Sing (Hong Kong), Justin Sereni (UK), Joe Rogers (UK), Maurice Uzzan (Italy), Monsieur Nils (USA), Rik Lee (Australia), Ryoko Takabatake (Japan), Klara Petra Szabo (Hungary), Tomoe Miyazaki (Japan), Vicky Lao Wai Kei (Macao).
Nineteen bronze awards went to Alison Michiko Fairbairn (UK), Choho Hatake (Japan), Daichi Hosoya (Japan), Emily Beamer (Canada), Hisasing (Japan), Kana Osada (Japan), Natsuki Ando (Japan), Rieko Toyoura (Japan), Sei Shimura (Japan), Sonja Ahlers (Canada). Soong Sub Shin (USA), Su Qin (China), Takeshi Tsunemoto (Japan), Tomohiro Tezuka (Japan), Valentina Venturi (Italy), Yashka Steiner (Switzerland), Ye Ji Yun (Korea), Yuki Shimada (Japan), Sharon Campbell (UK), Tommi Kovala (Finland).
All winning designs are currently on sale at the Graniph store.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player