Nike Brings Boredoms' 88 Drummers
When Boredoms finished up their 77BoaDrum event last year, in which 77 drummers headed down to Brooklyn Bridge Park to perform an exclusive song by the Japanese noise-rock outfit, speculation pretty much began immediately afterward on what the band had in store for 2008.
The answer has finally come, in the form of 88BoaDrum. Yes, this means a new 88-minute song will be performed by, yup 88 drummers. Nike Sportswear will present not one, but two of these events, each to take place on August 8.
The Los Angeles show starts at 8:08 p.m. PST at the LA Brea Tar Pits. The New York performance, which Gang Gang Dance will conduct on behalf of the Boredoms, is set to start at 8:08 EST at the Williamsburg waterfront. Both events are free and open to the public, though you'll still have to obtain a ticket to attend. One ticket per person maximum.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player