Nike Brings Boredoms' 88 Drummers
When Boredoms finished up their 77BoaDrum event last year, in which 77 drummers headed down to Brooklyn Bridge Park to perform an exclusive song by the Japanese noise-rock outfit, speculation pretty much began immediately afterward on what the band had in store for 2008.
The answer has finally come, in the form of 88BoaDrum. Yes, this means a new 88-minute song will be performed by, yup 88 drummers. Nike Sportswear will present not one, but two of these events, each to take place on August 8.
The Los Angeles show starts at 8:08 p.m. PST at the LA Brea Tar Pits. The New York performance, which Gang Gang Dance will conduct on behalf of the Boredoms, is set to start at 8:08 EST at the Williamsburg waterfront. Both events are free and open to the public, though you'll still have to obtain a ticket to attend. One ticket per person maximum.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player