Pit Er Pat Announces New Album
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Pit Er Pat isn't afraid to experiment. Over the course of three albums, an EP, and a 12" all hyped between 2004 and 2007, the Chicago-based trio has constantly dabbled in numerous musical styles, disparate rhythms, and unusual melodies. 2008 finds them comfortably trekking the same course with the forthcoming release of High Time, on their longtime home at Thrill Jockey.
For the new album, which will drop October 21, the band holed up in its own studio with guitars, sequencers, and various beat-making machines, not to mention bells, chimes, bongos, kalimbas, gongs, and a boatload of other instruments that should make the release a pleasantly chaotic experience. We hope they release some form of a "making the album" Vimeo clip, because watching them record with all those sounds is probably as intriguing as the record itself will sound.
01 Anno IV:xx
02 Evacuation Days
04 My Darkers
05 Copper Pennies
06 The Cairo Shuffle
07 Creation Stepper
09 The Good Morning Song
Photo by Melanie Schiff.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsSBTRKT Announces 'Transitions' 12" Series; Stream All Six Tracks Now
- GearAllen & Heath Introduces Xone:23C DJ Mixer
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player