Pit Er Pat Announces New Album
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Pit Er Pat isn't afraid to experiment. Over the course of three albums, an EP, and a 12" all hyped between 2004 and 2007, the Chicago-based trio has constantly dabbled in numerous musical styles, disparate rhythms, and unusual melodies. 2008 finds them comfortably trekking the same course with the forthcoming release of High Time, on their longtime home at Thrill Jockey.
For the new album, which will drop October 21, the band holed up in its own studio with guitars, sequencers, and various beat-making machines, not to mention bells, chimes, bongos, kalimbas, gongs, and a boatload of other instruments that should make the release a pleasantly chaotic experience. We hope they release some form of a "making the album" Vimeo clip, because watching them record with all those sounds is probably as intriguing as the record itself will sound.
01 Anno IV:xx
02 Evacuation Days
04 My Darkers
05 Copper Pennies
06 The Cairo Shuffle
07 Creation Stepper
09 The Good Morning Song
Photo by Melanie Schiff.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player