Pit Er Pat Announces New Album
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Pit Er Pat isn't afraid to experiment. Over the course of three albums, an EP, and a 12" all hyped between 2004 and 2007, the Chicago-based trio has constantly dabbled in numerous musical styles, disparate rhythms, and unusual melodies. 2008 finds them comfortably trekking the same course with the forthcoming release of High Time, on their longtime home at Thrill Jockey.
For the new album, which will drop October 21, the band holed up in its own studio with guitars, sequencers, and various beat-making machines, not to mention bells, chimes, bongos, kalimbas, gongs, and a boatload of other instruments that should make the release a pleasantly chaotic experience. We hope they release some form of a "making the album" Vimeo clip, because watching them record with all those sounds is probably as intriguing as the record itself will sound.
01 Anno IV:xx
02 Evacuation Days
04 My Darkers
05 Copper Pennies
06 The Cairo Shuffle
07 Creation Stepper
09 The Good Morning Song
Photo by Melanie Schiff.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player