Stones Throw Flash, Video Premiere
First, there's the aforementioned site, with more news, podcasts, and downloads, plenty of white space to make reading easy on the eyes, and, most importantly, an online store.
The ST crew kicked off the grand opening of the virtual shop by releasing a complete catalog of 12"s and a new t-shirt designed by Amsterdam graphic designer Parra.
Then, for those with $124.99 to burn who can't get enough Madlib and MF Doom, Madvillainy 2: The Box is currently available for pre-ordering. Available only through the Stones Throw site, the release is a remix of the classic Madvillainy disc from 2004, reworked by Madlib himself. The mysterious box comes packaged with the album, a 7" of "One Beer (Drunk Version)," A 36-minute Madvillainy demo cassette, a t-shirt, comic book, and, of course, the box itself. Pre-orders last until August 15.
Those who don't want the extra bells and whistles can purchase an MP3 version of the album for $9.99.
Two tracks from the late Dilla's recordings with Ghostface Killa have also been released. "Sniperlite" and the flip, "Murder Goons," are available as a 12" and digitally through the site.
Finally, Stones Throw laced the XLR8R crew with an exclusive video from Karl Hector and The Malcouns. "Sahara Swing," the title track off the group's recently released album, is being touted as "Afrodelic Kraut Funk" and comes courtesy of the masterminds behind Poets of Rhythm and the Whitefield Brothers. Watch it here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player