Sub Pop Festivities Start Tomorrow!
The Sub Pop crew have been planning their 20th anniversary bash for some time now, and if a recent posting on the label's website is any indication, the two-day extravaganza is shaping up to be a hell of a lot more than just music.
Firstly, and perhaps most importantly, the good people running things in Seattle have agreed to let the label fly a gigantic Sub Pop flag on top of the famed Space Needle, which is almost as exciting as the rest of the festivities combined.
Then, tomorrow, July 10, the JBL theater will host the Oral History Live! series, which costs a mere $5 and will feature an interview with Sub Pop founders Bruce Pavitt and Jonathan Poneman. Following that will be a comedy night on Friday, featuring Todd Barry, David Cross, Eugene Mirman, Patton Oswalt, and Kristen Schaal.
The actual music festival happens July 12 - 13 at the Marymoor Park in Redmond, Washington, and will feature Foals, No Age, Wolf Parade, Pissed Jeans (pictured above), Low, Green River, and a bunch of others. There's still time to pick up tickets to the event, not to mention sign up for the Singles Club 3.0, which is limited to a run of 1500 subscriptions this time around.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player