Win Your Own Party with Scion Radio
Most folks have, at some point, spent time holed up in their bedrooms crafting meticulous playlists of their favorite tunes, but few have ever won anything for such efforts. Car company and marketing powerhouse Scion is ready to give obscure indie music lovers their due, with the Scion Playlist Contest.
The concept is fairly straightforward: Create a playlist, then log onto the contest's website and submit it by September 15. After that day, a group of Scion Radio DJs will compile the lists and choose two grand prize winners from the pack.
And just what does one get for wowing the Scion Radio DJs with their top-shelf music tastes? The lucky two will receive nothing less than a party thrown in their hometown with a headlining artist of their choice. Not a bad deal for typing 15 or so track names onto an electronic form. More info on rules, regulations, and the like can be found here. Grand prize winners will be chosen on November 1.
If you're needing inspiration for your playlist, tune into XLR8R's Scion Radio Show, hosted each month by members of the magazine staff.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsMatthewdavid Announces New LP for Brainfeeder, Shares Title Track
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player