Z-Trip, Shepard Fairey Team Up for Obama
- Words: Reverse Mr. Burns
Can't imagine Nixon ever having a former skateboarder-turned graphic design star take his likeness, but Barack Obama's proven himself a fine subject for such a thing, what with the Shepard Fairey's limited edition Obama prints selling out in mere minutes. Z-Trip thinks so too, it seems, and he's teaming up with Fairey to throw a fundraiser party in support of the hopeful candidate.
On Friday, August 1, the Echoplex in L.A. will host both artists (Fairey DJs under the name Diabetic), along with L.A.-based DJ Troublemaker and some yet-to-be announced guests. The first 100 people through the door will receive one of the aforementioned prints, signed by Fairey. Festivities are steep, at $20, but seeing as this is a fundraiser, it sort of makes sense.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player