Z-Trip, Shepard Fairey Team Up for Obama
- Words: Reverse Mr. Burns
Can't imagine Nixon ever having a former skateboarder-turned graphic design star take his likeness, but Barack Obama's proven himself a fine subject for such a thing, what with the Shepard Fairey's limited edition Obama prints selling out in mere minutes. Z-Trip thinks so too, it seems, and he's teaming up with Fairey to throw a fundraiser party in support of the hopeful candidate.
On Friday, August 1, the Echoplex in L.A. will host both artists (Fairey DJs under the name Diabetic), along with L.A.-based DJ Troublemaker and some yet-to-be announced guests. The first 100 people through the door will receive one of the aforementioned prints, signed by Fairey. Festivities are steep, at $20, but seeing as this is a fundraiser, it sort of makes sense.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player