Zune Launches Joy Division Content
We have to give props to Zune for being all over the map in many a tasteful way. This year alone has seen an exclusive track from Hot Chip, a contest hosted by Bun B and his Rap-A-Lot imprint, and films by the likes of Friends with You, Three Legged Legs, Santogold, and Chromeo.
Next up, the Microsoft-owned company will release exclusive Joy Division content in a 3-party video podcast available for free download. In these clips, former bassist Peter Hook chats music, youth, and gives some of his personal reflection about the late Ian Curtis.
In addition, the Zune Marketplace store will feature Joy Division's entire catalog, as well as two Hook-curated Guestlist features, in which he handpicks tracks that inspired original Joy Division material.
Now if we could just download the Zune software to our Macs.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player