East Village Radio Festival... with Food
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Buzz is in heavy circulation over the East Village Radio music festival, and the lineup looks promising, to say the least. The event will take place from 1 - 9 p.m. on Saturday, September 6, and features a lineup that includes Flying Lotus, Boris, Vivian Girls, the inimitable Devin the Dude, as well as two stages and KRS-One playing host to the festivities.
Additionally, a visual art exhibition will feature abstract experimental films by Harry Smith and Jim Davis, avant-garde works about New York City, and classic pieces from preservation organization Anthology Film Archives.
Then there's the food, which will not be the usual hot dogs or greasy slices featured at most festivals. A gourmet menu has been planned, courtesy of Frank Catering, with bruschetta, Ceasar salad, salmon, and Italian sausage, amongst other delectable. Should aptly satisfy the stoned food cravings of Devin the Dude and FlyLo, in particular. Chow down while watching these artists perform:
Devin the Dude
The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble
Dr. Lonnie Smith
Photo of Devin the Dude by Jack Thompson.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player