Laibach Plots Rare U.S. Appearances
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Slovenian industrial outfit Laibach has made a career of revealing militant social commentary through art and attire, and for the band's Volk release last year, the members looked to various nations' national anthems and crafted a dark album of geopolitical commentary (For further indication of how sinister this album is, check the track "America," which opens with abrupt gunshot noises).
The avant-garde group will bring its controversial songs Stateside this fall, with a very brief and very rare set of tour dates around North America. Cross your fingers that mysterious visa issues don't arise beforehand, as they so often do in cases like these.
09/22 Seattle, WA: Showbox
09/23 Portland, OR: Crystal Ballroom
09/25 San Francisco, CA: The Independent
09/26 Los Angeles, CA: The Key Club
09/28 Tijuana, Mexico: El Foro
09/30 New York, NY: Fillmore
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player