Laibach Plots Rare U.S. Appearances
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Slovenian industrial outfit Laibach has made a career of revealing militant social commentary through art and attire, and for the band's Volk release last year, the members looked to various nations' national anthems and crafted a dark album of geopolitical commentary (For further indication of how sinister this album is, check the track "America," which opens with abrupt gunshot noises).
The avant-garde group will bring its controversial songs Stateside this fall, with a very brief and very rare set of tour dates around North America. Cross your fingers that mysterious visa issues don't arise beforehand, as they so often do in cases like these.
09/22 Seattle, WA: Showbox
09/23 Portland, OR: Crystal Ballroom
09/25 San Francisco, CA: The Independent
09/26 Los Angeles, CA: The Key Club
09/28 Tijuana, Mexico: El Foro
09/30 New York, NY: Fillmore
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player