Neckface Readies Violent Exhibition
The press release for Neckface's latest exhibition came with a warning that read, "due to the shocking and violent nature of this art show, absolutely no one under 17 will be admitted." We're not sure if New Image Art Gallery or was just taking advantage of our pre-coffee haze, but Cannibal Carnival, from the sounds of it, will to contain plenty of blood regardless. The California-born graffiti artist turned gallery darling has given us everything from hanging witches to defaced Batman ads in the past, and for this, his latest show, he'll display a collection of new works whose subjects range from she-monsters to Satanic skateboarders.
Cannibal Carnival will run August 16 - September 20 at L.A.-base New Image Art Gallery, with an opening reception on August 16 at 7 p.m. Pack those IDs and a strong stomach.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player