Sub Pop and Zune Team Up
Sub Pop is still going full force with its 20th anniversary celebrations, and for the latest nod to the last two decades, the Seattle-based label has joined forces with Zune Marketplace. Microsoft's online store has a boatload of material to hand out to fans for the occasion, including exclusive video podcasts, Guestlist picks by the Sub Pop staff, and tracks that span the label's entire catalog.
The latter comes in the form of the Sub Pop Collection: A to Z, which features 220 tracks from Sub Pop's history. Then, a handful of podcasts include a tour of the Sub Pop offices, as well as exclusive video interviews and live performance clips. Finally, the Guestlist series features two Sub Pop installments, one from Mudhoney frontman Mark Arm, discussing his 30 favorite tracks, and one from label founder Jonathan Poneman, who picks 19 of his favorite tunes from the label.
And we could further elaborate, but perhaps this teaser is explanatory enough:
Pictured: Sub Pop's Jonathan Poneman. Photo by Piper Ferguson.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player