Sub Pop and Zune Team Up
Sub Pop is still going full force with its 20th anniversary celebrations, and for the latest nod to the last two decades, the Seattle-based label has joined forces with Zune Marketplace. Microsoft's online store has a boatload of material to hand out to fans for the occasion, including exclusive video podcasts, Guestlist picks by the Sub Pop staff, and tracks that span the label's entire catalog.
The latter comes in the form of the Sub Pop Collection: A to Z, which features 220 tracks from Sub Pop's history. Then, a handful of podcasts include a tour of the Sub Pop offices, as well as exclusive video interviews and live performance clips. Finally, the Guestlist series features two Sub Pop installments, one from Mudhoney frontman Mark Arm, discussing his 30 favorite tracks, and one from label founder Jonathan Poneman, who picks 19 of his favorite tunes from the label.
And we could further elaborate, but perhaps this teaser is explanatory enough:
Pictured: Sub Pop's Jonathan Poneman. Photo by Piper Ferguson.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player