Drop Music Turns 10, Releases Comp
- Words: Lulu McAllister
Laurence Rich (one half of Inland Knights) founded Drop Music in 1998, after he and fellow Knight, Andy Riley, decided they wanted to support the "knowing” collective of DJs, producers, and party organizers circulating Northern England’s free party scene in the early ’90s. Since then, Drop Music has kept the underground dance community jackin’ with over 59 releases of DIY-style four-to-the-floor music.
To celebrate anniversary, the label plans to “drop” a triple album, From Dust Till Dawn – 10 Years of Drop Music, in October. In addition to re-mastered favorites from the back catalogue, the compilation will include a disc of previously unreleased productions and remixes from artists like Crazy P, Miguel Migs, Johnny Fiasco, and Joshua Heath. More notably, one disk will feature an exclusive Inland Knights DJ mix – something no house head should be able to resist.
Drop Music 10-Year Anniversary Party
Date: Saturday, September 20
Music By: Craig Richards, Loco Dice, Meat, Terry Francis, Ivan Smagghe, Anthony Rother (Live), DJ Heather, Inland Knights, The Little Men
Venue: Fabric, 77a Charterhouse St., London
Details: 11 p.m. – 8 a.m., £16
Pictured: Inland Knights. Photo by Pete Cranston.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player