Flying Lotus, RZA Play We the People
It's going to be election time before we can blink, so naturally, everyone's getting patriotic this fall in a variety of different ways. For the organizers behind the We the People festival, that means rounding up a slew of artists, guest speakers, b-boys, b-girls, and non-profit organizations for another event, this one to take place September 27 at the Los Angeles Historic State Park.
On the music tip, expect performances from Flying Lotus, RZA, DJ Premiere, EMPD, Z-Trip, Eek-A-Mouse, Barrington Levy, Bassnectar, and others.
Meanwhile, guest speakers include Green Party Presidential nominee Cynthia McKinney, anti-war activist Cindy Sheehand, and G.C.N. Network Radio's Jack Blood.
Top that off with multicultural performances, an art exhibit featuring the work of Shepard Fairey, an area for non-profit organizations to share information, and an international food court, and there's your Saturday planned out.
Photo by Theo Jemison.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player