Flying Lotus, RZA Play We the People
It's going to be election time before we can blink, so naturally, everyone's getting patriotic this fall in a variety of different ways. For the organizers behind the We the People festival, that means rounding up a slew of artists, guest speakers, b-boys, b-girls, and non-profit organizations for another event, this one to take place September 27 at the Los Angeles Historic State Park.
On the music tip, expect performances from Flying Lotus, RZA, DJ Premiere, EMPD, Z-Trip, Eek-A-Mouse, Barrington Levy, Bassnectar, and others.
Meanwhile, guest speakers include Green Party Presidential nominee Cynthia McKinney, anti-war activist Cindy Sheehand, and G.C.N. Network Radio's Jack Blood.
Top that off with multicultural performances, an art exhibit featuring the work of Shepard Fairey, an area for non-profit organizations to share information, and an international food court, and there's your Saturday planned out.
Photo by Theo Jemison.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player