Flying Lotus, RZA Play We the People
It's going to be election time before we can blink, so naturally, everyone's getting patriotic this fall in a variety of different ways. For the organizers behind the We the People festival, that means rounding up a slew of artists, guest speakers, b-boys, b-girls, and non-profit organizations for another event, this one to take place September 27 at the Los Angeles Historic State Park.
On the music tip, expect performances from Flying Lotus, RZA, DJ Premiere, EMPD, Z-Trip, Eek-A-Mouse, Barrington Levy, Bassnectar, and others.
Meanwhile, guest speakers include Green Party Presidential nominee Cynthia McKinney, anti-war activist Cindy Sheehand, and G.C.N. Network Radio's Jack Blood.
Top that off with multicultural performances, an art exhibit featuring the work of Shepard Fairey, an area for non-profit organizations to share information, and an international food court, and there's your Saturday planned out.
Photo by Theo Jemison.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player