Get Physical Launches Get Digital
Berlin's Get Physical imprint is keeping up with the times. The dance music label run by the members of M.A.N.D.Y. and Booka Shade just launched a brand-new, digital-only sister label, the cleverly named Get Digital. The imprint will function as a digital platform for many of Get Physical's future releases, though the company's founders are quick to point out that this is not the end of the original label, but rather, a new development. Releases will be exclusively available on the Get Digital site for about four weeks, before they're sold through other digital download sites (ie: Beatport, iTunes, etc.).
First up in the release queue is "Kaskazi," a collaborative effort from U.K.-based producers Simon Baker and Jamie Jones. The label is offering 1,000 copies of the inaugural release as a free download. Stay tuned for future tracks from M.A.N.D.Y., Booka Shade, and DJ T.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player