Get Physical Launches Get Digital
Berlin's Get Physical imprint is keeping up with the times. The dance music label run by the members of M.A.N.D.Y. and Booka Shade just launched a brand-new, digital-only sister label, the cleverly named Get Digital. The imprint will function as a digital platform for many of Get Physical's future releases, though the company's founders are quick to point out that this is not the end of the original label, but rather, a new development. Releases will be exclusively available on the Get Digital site for about four weeks, before they're sold through other digital download sites (ie: Beatport, iTunes, etc.).
First up in the release queue is "Kaskazi," a collaborative effort from U.K.-based producers Simon Baker and Jamie Jones. The label is offering 1,000 copies of the inaugural release as a free download. Stay tuned for future tracks from M.A.N.D.Y., Booka Shade, and DJ T.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player