Growing, Hot Chip Play Pop Montreal
Pop Montreal unveiled its final lineup today, and it’s a compelling collection of artists that's set to descend upon the Quebec capital October 1 - 5. The seven-year-old festival will see Beach House, Hot Chip, Vivian Girls, Megasoid, AIDS Wolf, Growing, and numerous others, from all types of musical genres, performing throughout the festival.
Additionally, Pop Montreal's Symposium is set to include a panel on female MCs led by reggae queen Sister Nancy, a master class with experimental-music filmmaker Jem Cohen, a beatbox choir led by Brooklyn-based acapella group The Persuasions, and, of course, a good old conversation about music and the internet with the Future of Music Coalition.
Tickets are on sale now. Buy one from the website and you'll be able to rent a bike for the festival for a mere 50 bones for the entire week.
Photo By Noel Von Harmonson.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player