Puremagnetik Release Atari Sounds
- Words: Tomas Palermo
Sound library company Puremagnetik has announced a new free download that will, like, totally stoke '80s videogame enthusiasts. Available for Ableton Live, NI Kontakt, and Apple Logic digital audio workstation (DAW) users, Puremagnetik’s Blip collection contains instruments, kits, and looped beats sourced from the original Atari 2600 sound chip, which generated class notes for Space Invaders and Pong. According to the company’s site, the collection is “lo-fi, gritty, and nostalgically charming, [and] will instantly teleport you back to 1982.
Puremagnetik has an extensive collection of both free and commercial sound libraries and virtual instrument collections mapped for multiple DAWs. The series includes digital and analog synths, drums, percussion, guitar, and atmospheric modules.
For the strictly videogame music obsessed, Puremagnetik’s Glitch & Lo-Fi series includes: 8 Bit, a collection recorded directly from an original 6581 SID chip that includes basses, leads, and pads, and PunchPak, extracted from the internal synthesizer of a classic NES console.
Also available for free this month is Kamoni’s Electric Drum kits.
Blip System Requirements:
- Requires Ableton Live 7, Logic 8 or Kontakt 3
- 500 MB of physical RAM
- 100 Megabytes (MB) of free hard disk space
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player