Cake Shop Holds Laura Kennedy Benefit
- Words: Jennifer Marston
New York's Cake Shop will hold a benefit show for the Bush Tetras' Laura Kennedy on October 26.
It's become known that the new wave/post-punk band's bassist and founding member, who suffered a Hepatits C infection, is in need of an immediate liver transplant, which, if you're at all familiar with contemporary healthcare, will cost astronomical amounts.
The venue will host an event featuring performances by Band of Outsiders, Julian Stockdale, the Bush Tetras themselves, and others, with proceeds going to the Laura Kennedy Liver Fund. Admission requires a minimum donation of $15. Additionally, the money from band merchandise sold at the event will also go towards the fund.
More information on donations can be found here.
Lineup (in order of appearance)
Band of Outsiders
Command V feat: PAT IRWIN (RAYBEATS, 8-EYED SPY, B-52'S)
Bush Tetras w/special guests James Chance & Nona Hendryx
All star jam feat. Lenny Kaye (Patti Smith Group), Ivan Julian (Richard Hell & The Voidoids), Rob Norris (Bongos), Deborah Frost (Brain Surgeons) & more…
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player