Cake Shop Holds Laura Kennedy Benefit
- Words: Jennifer Marston
New York's Cake Shop will hold a benefit show for the Bush Tetras' Laura Kennedy on October 26.
It's become known that the new wave/post-punk band's bassist and founding member, who suffered a Hepatits C infection, is in need of an immediate liver transplant, which, if you're at all familiar with contemporary healthcare, will cost astronomical amounts.
The venue will host an event featuring performances by Band of Outsiders, Julian Stockdale, the Bush Tetras themselves, and others, with proceeds going to the Laura Kennedy Liver Fund. Admission requires a minimum donation of $15. Additionally, the money from band merchandise sold at the event will also go towards the fund.
More information on donations can be found here.
Lineup (in order of appearance)
Band of Outsiders
Command V feat: PAT IRWIN (RAYBEATS, 8-EYED SPY, B-52'S)
Bush Tetras w/special guests James Chance & Nona Hendryx
All star jam feat. Lenny Kaye (Patti Smith Group), Ivan Julian (Richard Hell & The Voidoids), Rob Norris (Bongos), Deborah Frost (Brain Surgeons) & more…
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Comp
- NewsCheck Out Anthony Parasole's All-Jeff Mills Mix for Beats in Space
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player