Cake Shop Holds Laura Kennedy Benefit
- Words: Jennifer Marston
New York's Cake Shop will hold a benefit show for the Bush Tetras' Laura Kennedy on October 26.
It's become known that the new wave/post-punk band's bassist and founding member, who suffered a Hepatits C infection, is in need of an immediate liver transplant, which, if you're at all familiar with contemporary healthcare, will cost astronomical amounts.
The venue will host an event featuring performances by Band of Outsiders, Julian Stockdale, the Bush Tetras themselves, and others, with proceeds going to the Laura Kennedy Liver Fund. Admission requires a minimum donation of $15. Additionally, the money from band merchandise sold at the event will also go towards the fund.
More information on donations can be found here.
Lineup (in order of appearance)
Band of Outsiders
Command V feat: PAT IRWIN (RAYBEATS, 8-EYED SPY, B-52'S)
Bush Tetras w/special guests James Chance & Nona Hendryx
All star jam feat. Lenny Kaye (Patti Smith Group), Ivan Julian (Richard Hell & The Voidoids), Rob Norris (Bongos), Deborah Frost (Brain Surgeons) & more…
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player