James Murphy Starts New Band
- Words: Jennifer Marston
The band, as of yet, has no name, though we know its members include fellow LCD man Pat Maloney, as well as erstwhile Hockey Night members Paul Sprangers and Scott Wells. "We've gone back and forth for months, there's no way to say [what the band name is]," Murphy told NME. Hopefully the collective will have settled on one by the time it releases material, which is rumored to be next year.
Photo By Dustin Ross.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player