Moritz Von Oswald Suffers Stroke?
Buzz around the internet concerns a rumor that dub-techno pioneer Moritz von Oswald has suffered a stroke this past weekend. He was scheduled to play Dublin's DEAF festival this past Sunday, but numerous forums and websites are reporting that he had to cancel the gig due to the stroke.
Von Oswald, a member of Rhythm and Sound with Mark Ernestus, is considered one of the most influential people in techno, having co-founded Basic Channel Records and produced for high-profile artists like Carl Craig. He has also been behind many records at Berlin's Dubplates & Mastering, as an engineer.
Von Oswald is said to be recovering in hospital.
Photo by Matt Cohen.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player