Moritz Von Oswald Suffers Stroke?
Buzz around the internet concerns a rumor that dub-techno pioneer Moritz von Oswald has suffered a stroke this past weekend. He was scheduled to play Dublin's DEAF festival this past Sunday, but numerous forums and websites are reporting that he had to cancel the gig due to the stroke.
Von Oswald, a member of Rhythm and Sound with Mark Ernestus, is considered one of the most influential people in techno, having co-founded Basic Channel Records and produced for high-profile artists like Carl Craig. He has also been behind many records at Berlin's Dubplates & Mastering, as an engineer.
Von Oswald is said to be recovering in hospital.
Photo by Matt Cohen.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player