Moritz Von Oswald Suffers Stroke?
Buzz around the internet concerns a rumor that dub-techno pioneer Moritz von Oswald has suffered a stroke this past weekend. He was scheduled to play Dublin's DEAF festival this past Sunday, but numerous forums and websites are reporting that he had to cancel the gig due to the stroke.
Von Oswald, a member of Rhythm and Sound with Mark Ernestus, is considered one of the most influential people in techno, having co-founded Basic Channel Records and produced for high-profile artists like Carl Craig. He has also been behind many records at Berlin's Dubplates & Mastering, as an engineer.
Von Oswald is said to be recovering in hospital.
Photo by Matt Cohen.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player