Poketo and 826LA Design Wallet Series
- Words: Justin Maxson
Well known for functional and visually appealing art products, design company Poketo has partnered with Dave Eggers’ non-profit youth writing program, 826LA, to create an exclusive new series of wallets.
The project arose from a recent workshop conducted at 826LA by screenwriter James Ponsoldt. Participants of When Wallets Eat Words wrote creative short stories that were then given to a group of international visual artists, who interpreted the words into design. The outcome of this collaboration is this new series of limited-edition wallets bearing the work of Tim Biskup, Esther Pearl Watson, Mark Todd, Martha Rich, John Pham, Rama Hughes, Christine Castro, Leah Chun, Chris Bettig, and Keith Knueven. Each wallet design also features its corresponding short story lining the inside of the wallet.
Funds from purchases go towards further support for 826LA. Wallets can be bought directly from Poketo's site.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player