Poketo and 826LA Design Wallet Series
- Words: Justin Maxson
Well known for functional and visually appealing art products, design company Poketo has partnered with Dave Eggers’ non-profit youth writing program, 826LA, to create an exclusive new series of wallets.
The project arose from a recent workshop conducted at 826LA by screenwriter James Ponsoldt. Participants of When Wallets Eat Words wrote creative short stories that were then given to a group of international visual artists, who interpreted the words into design. The outcome of this collaboration is this new series of limited-edition wallets bearing the work of Tim Biskup, Esther Pearl Watson, Mark Todd, Martha Rich, John Pham, Rama Hughes, Christine Castro, Leah Chun, Chris Bettig, and Keith Knueven. Each wallet design also features its corresponding short story lining the inside of the wallet.
Funds from purchases go towards further support for 826LA. Wallets can be bought directly from Poketo's site.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player