Soulwax Film Makes Stateside Premiere
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Shame we can't always go behind-the-scenes in person to witness what our favorite artists get up to in the dressing rooms, but we can count ourselves lucky we live in the age of music documentaries. And after a bit of a wait, Soulwax's previously mentioned film, Part of the Weekend Never Dies, is set to make its Stateside premiere on October 28.
The film documents the Belgian electro-rock outfit's travels on the road, as well as the mayhem involved with taking on a world tour, which, if you know these guys, should involve lots of laughs, ladies, and general absurdity. It will first premiere at Nike Sportswear at the Montalban Theatre in L.A., on the aforementioned date, at 8 p.m. The screening is free for anyone who RSVPs.
Soulwax will also play at Hard Fest's Haunted Mansion 2008 party, set to take place on Halloween, from 8 p.m. - 4 a.m., at the Shrine Expo Hall in L.A. Justice, Simian Mobile Disco, Crystal Castles, Boys Noize, Crookers, and others are also slated to appear.
Peep a teaser of the film here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player