Adidas Originals Turns 60
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Besides a new president and a better economy (fingers crossed), 2009 also has something to look forward to where footwear is concerned, as Adidas Originals is celebrating its 60th birthday.
Founded by Adolf "Adi" Dassler (who apparently used to make his own sports shoes in his mother's wash kitchen), the companyhas become synonymous with all things cool over the years, rolling out jackets, trainers, in-store events, and campaigns with the likes of Missy Elliot and graf artist Fafi.
So, to celebrate the iconic three-stripes mark, Adidas is holding a house party, and they've invited a star-studded cast of characters for the occasion that includes Method Man, Elliot, Young Jeezy, The Ting Tings, Red Man, David Beckham, and Estelle.
Date and venue details are yet to be announced, so while we await that information, peep the trailer below.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player