Adidas Originals Turns 60
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Besides a new president and a better economy (fingers crossed), 2009 also has something to look forward to where footwear is concerned, as Adidas Originals is celebrating its 60th birthday.
Founded by Adolf "Adi" Dassler (who apparently used to make his own sports shoes in his mother's wash kitchen), the companyhas become synonymous with all things cool over the years, rolling out jackets, trainers, in-store events, and campaigns with the likes of Missy Elliot and graf artist Fafi.
So, to celebrate the iconic three-stripes mark, Adidas is holding a house party, and they've invited a star-studded cast of characters for the occasion that includes Method Man, Elliot, Young Jeezy, The Ting Tings, Red Man, David Beckham, and Estelle.
Date and venue details are yet to be announced, so while we await that information, peep the trailer below.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player