Get Physical Readies 100th Release
Among the flurry of tours, releases, and parties filling up the music world's calendars in November, Berlin's esteemed Get Physical imprint will unleash its 100th release.
The label chose to celebrate the occasion by bundling together two 12-inches, simply titled "GPM100," that include work from some of Get Physical's most known players. The M.A.N.D.Y. boys go head-to-head with Booka Shade on side A, with a new track, "Donut." Elsewhere, DJ T. and Thomas Schumacher continue the food theme with a collaborative effort entitled "May Contain Nuts," LOPAZZ and Hedi roll out a new house number, and two newcomers to the label, Italoboyz and Siopsis, have contributed the appropriately titled "Double Trouble" to the release.
Needless to say, this is a set of tracks intended for the dancefloor and the turntables, but GP hasn't forgotten the digital age, or those stuck behind computers all day long. Thus, the label has prepped a digital-only version that includes three more tracks. Both formats are available November 26.
A M.A.N.D.Y vs Booka Shade "Donut"
B1 Italoboyz vs Nôze "Double Trouble"
B2 Dakar vs Siopis "Dubai"
C DJ T. vs Thomas Schumacher "May Contain Nuts"
D1 LOPAZZ vs Heidi "Funkshovel"
D2 Einzelkind vs Meat "Gin"
Patrice Bäumel vs Caitlin Devlin "7 Days"
Djuma Soundsystem vs Raz Ohara "Zillion Lights"
Tiger Stripes vs Audiofly "Hundra"
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player