Kraftwerk's Hilpert Suffers Heart Attack
Kraftwerk was forced to cancel its November 22 show at Melbourne's Global Gathering Festival when member Fritz Hilpert suffering a heart attack. Hilpert was taken to a hospital, though reports are that the attack was minor and that the band performed the next day.
Hear the crowd's aghast cries at the news when Global Gathering's MC stepped onstage to announce that the band would not be performing:
In other Kraftwerk news, the band has lost a German copyright court case to rap producer Moses Pelham, who had used two seconds of a sample from the band's track "Metal on Metal." A new ruling states that the sample may be used, so long as it bears no resemblance to the original.
11/26 Auckland, New Zealand - Great Hall
11/29 Brisbane, Australia - Turf Club @ Global Gathering Festival
11/20 Sydney, Australia - Hordern Pavillion @ Global Gathering Festival
12/03 Singapore, Singapore - The Esplande Theatre
12/05 Hong Kong, Hong Kong - AsiaWorld-Expo
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player