Exhibit Honors L.A. Airbrush Royalty
- Words: Lulu McAllister
All hail the kings of airbrush art! On Wednesday, Nov. 12 at 7 p.m., Family Books will present Overspray: Riding High With the Kings of California Airbrush Art, an exhibit celebrating the airbrushed art of 1970s-era Los Angeles in all its glossy, hyper-sexualized glory. Airbrush artists Dave Willardson and Charles White III will be in attendance to share a slide show and answer questions about the art and their careers, which included work for Playboy, Levi’s, the Rolling Stones, American Graffiti and Tron.
If you can’t make it to the City of Angels to experience this colorful exhibition of vintage airbrush posters (including an extremely rare Star Wars one) first hand, pick up a copy of Norman Hathaway's corresponding book, Overspray, when it hits the shelves in December.
Visit Family Books at 436 N. Fairfax Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player