Exhibit Honors L.A. Airbrush Royalty
- Words: Lulu McAllister
All hail the kings of airbrush art! On Wednesday, Nov. 12 at 7 p.m., Family Books will present Overspray: Riding High With the Kings of California Airbrush Art, an exhibit celebrating the airbrushed art of 1970s-era Los Angeles in all its glossy, hyper-sexualized glory. Airbrush artists Dave Willardson and Charles White III will be in attendance to share a slide show and answer questions about the art and their careers, which included work for Playboy, Levi’s, the Rolling Stones, American Graffiti and Tron.
If you can’t make it to the City of Angels to experience this colorful exhibition of vintage airbrush posters (including an extremely rare Star Wars one) first hand, pick up a copy of Norman Hathaway's corresponding book, Overspray, when it hits the shelves in December.
Visit Family Books at 436 N. Fairfax Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player