Exhibit Honors L.A. Airbrush Royalty
- Words: Lulu McAllister
All hail the kings of airbrush art! On Wednesday, Nov. 12 at 7 p.m., Family Books will present Overspray: Riding High With the Kings of California Airbrush Art, an exhibit celebrating the airbrushed art of 1970s-era Los Angeles in all its glossy, hyper-sexualized glory. Airbrush artists Dave Willardson and Charles White III will be in attendance to share a slide show and answer questions about the art and their careers, which included work for Playboy, Levi’s, the Rolling Stones, American Graffiti and Tron.
If you can’t make it to the City of Angels to experience this colorful exhibition of vintage airbrush posters (including an extremely rare Star Wars one) first hand, pick up a copy of Norman Hathaway's corresponding book, Overspray, when it hits the shelves in December.
Visit Family Books at 436 N. Fairfax Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player