Omar Lopez to Release New Solo Album
- Words: Lulu McAllister
Mars Volta writer/producer/guitarist Omar Rodriguez Lopez is set to release his latest solo album, Old Money, on Stones Throw Records. Loosely based on the concept of “exploitative industrialists” and “their old money,” the 10-track album is already available digitally, while the physical version drops on January 27th of next year. Featuring rock ranging from progressive to psychedelic to funk, the music falls perfectly into the space between Lopez’ guitar work for The Mars Volta and prior solo releases, such as 2007’s The Apocalypse Inside of an Orange.
01 The Power of Myth
02 How to Bill the Bilderberg Group
03 Population Council's Wet Dream
04 Private Fortunes
05 Trilateral Commission as Dinner Guests
07 Family War Funding (Love Those Rothschilds)
08 Vipers in the Bosom
09 I Like Rockefellers' First Two Albums, but After That...
10 Old Money
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player