Vivian Girls Cover Beach Boys on New 7"
- Words: Maverick Newberry
With a lengthy tour winding down, Vivian Girls are rewarding all their hard work with a little fun for the end of the year. As in, the Surf's Up Fun Pack, which the trio is releasing via its site as we speak. Vivian Girls fans can currently score a new 7", the ocean-themed "Surf's Up," a t-shirt, two postcards, and a button, for $20.
"Surf's Up" is the first release off the band's own Wild World label, and includes two new cuts, "Surfin Away" and "Second Date," as well as a cover of the Beach Boys' "Girl Don't Tell Me." The new tunes are only available as part of the entire limited-edition package.
Meanwhile, the fun on the road is coming to an end, as Vivian Girls have just two dates left of their current tour, with King Khan, and what looks to be an NYE bash in Jersey.
A1 "Surfin Away"
A2 "Second Date"
B1 "Girls Don't Tell Me (Beach Boys Cover)"
11/28 Philadelphia, PA - Johnny Brenda's+
11/30 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom+
12/31 Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre*
+ = w/ King Khan
* = w/ Yo La Tengo, The Feelies
Photo by Austin Warnock.
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player