Vivian Girls Cover Beach Boys on New 7"
- Words: Maverick Newberry
With a lengthy tour winding down, Vivian Girls are rewarding all their hard work with a little fun for the end of the year. As in, the Surf's Up Fun Pack, which the trio is releasing via its site as we speak. Vivian Girls fans can currently score a new 7", the ocean-themed "Surf's Up," a t-shirt, two postcards, and a button, for $20.
"Surf's Up" is the first release off the band's own Wild World label, and includes two new cuts, "Surfin Away" and "Second Date," as well as a cover of the Beach Boys' "Girl Don't Tell Me." The new tunes are only available as part of the entire limited-edition package.
Meanwhile, the fun on the road is coming to an end, as Vivian Girls have just two dates left of their current tour, with King Khan, and what looks to be an NYE bash in Jersey.
A1 "Surfin Away"
A2 "Second Date"
B1 "Girls Don't Tell Me (Beach Boys Cover)"
11/28 Philadelphia, PA - Johnny Brenda's+
11/30 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom+
12/31 Montclair, NJ - Wellmont Theatre*
+ = w/ King Khan
* = w/ Yo La Tengo, The Feelies
Photo by Austin Warnock.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player