Knitting Factory Plans Grand Finale
By now, most of clubland is aware of the fact that New York institution, the Knitting Factory, is about to close the doors of its current location and reopen in the new year with a brand new venue in Brooklyn.
The club will host a farewell party to commemorate their time spent on 74 Leonard St., with a Akron/Family-curated going-away fiesta on New Year's Eve. All three stages will be put to good use that night, with performances by Dirty Projectors, Deerhoof, Deer Tick, DJ Thanksgiving, and yet-to-be-announced guests.
Photo of Deer Tick by Kendall Pavan.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player