Of Montreal Takes a Nude Drawing Class
- Words: Jennifer Marston
It's a well-documented fact that the members in Of Montreal have been known to shed pieces of their colorful costumes while onstage. Appropriately then, the good folks at Q Magazine passed out the pencils and sketch pads to the band and packed the six art-rockers off to a college in London to take draw the likeness of a nude model. They also sent photographer Edd Westmacott along, who shot the band during this artistic endeavor. Under the tutelage of drawing master Hugh Barndon, Kevin Barnes and Co. attempted to capture the many curves of one Layla Rose, and the photos are kind of hilarious (you can also rate them, if you so desire). Check them here and judge for yourself how the crew fared in the visual art department.
Photo by Edd Westmacott
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player