Poker Flat Announces 10-Year Album
With label boss Steve Bug locked in his studio and rumored to be at work on a new album, Trentemøller, Argy, and Martin Landsky planning January and February tour dates, and a 100th release, "House of God (Poker Flat Remixes)," already on record store shelves, 2009 is shaping up to be a busy year for Germany's Poker Flat imprint.
The label will also celebrate a decade of making music next year, and has announced a corresponding album, to be released in March. Though details are still few and far between, 10 Years of Poker Flat will include a series of special releases and a limited-edition box set. No word as to the tracklisting, but a quick peek at the label's current roster is, perhaps, an indication.
In the meantime, the aforementioned projects and show dates should keep you tided over until March.
Pictured: Label boss Steve Bug.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player