PUMA Turns the Big 6-0
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Get the birthday cake and about six boxes of candles ready. With its 60th birthday upon us, sportswear company-turned-trendsetter brand PUMA has some ambitious partying to do in the coming weeks.
Now, unless you’ve made your home under a rock, you’ll know that, these days, with fashion comes music. PUMA takes that concept seriously, and has thusly planned the multi-city event series billed as the Happy Birthday PUMA Concerts as part of the ongoing birthday bash, bringing in artists like Steve Aoki, The Knux, The Bravery, and others to perform in a handful of U.S. cities through December 11. Everything you ever wanted to know about venues, dates, times, and tickets can be peeped below.
And, to quote the press materials, “What’s a PUMA birthday without sneakers and fashion?” The company will also host the Happy Birthday PUMA Shopping Events, to be held at concept stores in Boston, DC, Las Vegas, Austin, San Diego, Houston, Miami, Santa Clara, King of Prussia (PA), Orlando, and Short Hills, NJ. PUMA’s I Am 60 decades collection will be available, as will drinks, loot bags (a.k.a. free stuff), and the obligatory birthday cake. RSVP at PUMA's b-day site to attend.
Happy Birthday PUMA Concerts Lineup:
Date: Monday, December 1
Music By: Chester French, The Knux, Charles Hamilton, Jus Ske
Venue: Music Hall of Williamsburg, 66 North Sixth St.
Time: 9 p.m.
Los Angeles, CA
Date: Monday, December 8
Music By: Plain White T's w/ special guest DJ Adam 12
Venue: Roxy, 9009 Sunset Blvd.
Time: 8 p.m.
San Francisco, CA
Date: Tuesday, December 9
Music By: Steven Aoki w/ special guest Lady Gaga
Venue: Great American Music Hall, 859 O'Farrell St.
Time: 9 p.m.
Date: Wednesday, December 10
Music By: The Bravery
Venue: Metro, 3730 North Clark St.
Time: 9 p.m.
Tickets Available While Supplies Last at These PUMA Stores:
Meat Packing District, 421 West 14th Street, New York, NY
521 Broadway, New York, NY
33 Union Square West, New York, NY
856 Market Street, San Francisco, CA
The Village at Corte Madera, 1718 Redwood Highway, Corte Madera, CA
Valley Fair, 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd., Santa Clara, CA
10250 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
Americana at Brand, 712 Americana Way, Glendale, CA
6600 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Canoga Park, CA
1350 3rd St. Promenade, Santa Monica, CA
1051 N. Rush Street, Chicago, IL
Pictured: The Bravery boys gear up for the festivities. Photo by Dave London.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player