Seattle Fest Hosts All-Star NYE Lineup
- Words: Lulu McAllister
Don't know where you'll be when the ball drops this year? One option is to head to Seattle, for MICRO dB, the two-evening event happening December 30 and 31 at Neumos that will feature performances from international producers.
The first day will see some dirty action from Berlin-based pioneer, producer, remixer, and DJ Jesse Rose, whose bass-driven electro-house has tickled the clubs and festivals for over fourteen years. Pump yourself up for the his first-ever Seattle appearance ever by listening to his new track, “Forget My Name,” which will be released in vinyl format on December 15, via Rose’s own label, Front Room Recordings.
Also on day one, Los Angeles-based ambient dub-hop DJ Deru will bring his unique blend of melodic structures and cold, precise rhythm to the table. Meanwhile, wildcard producer novaTRON will offer his original breakbeats, improvised on the spot using his Tron Box, a self-constructed blend of audio hardware. Rounding out the first day’s happenings is newcomer SEED, who will take to the stage with his mutant genre of “Jazzchestral Glitch-Samba, Ballet Ghettotech, and Transcendental Elevator Music,” or so it's been described by a recent press release. He will be performing alongside other members of the local music collective LiveNLove, including jazz vocalist Greer Sullivan and MC E@5E_95.
On day two, a “Dirty Dancing” New Year’s Eve, artful minimalist and owner of Palette Recordings, John Tejada, will bring his punchy, SoCal techno to the floor, while rising Seattle-resident Dave Pezzner (know simply as Pezzner) will transport listeners with his alternately sensual and funky tech-house. Left Coast tribal house DJ Michael Manahan will face off with distinctly dirty Nordic Soul. Eventually, Glaswegian Alex Smoke will cap the evening with his dark, flawless techno.
Tickets for the December 30 show will go for $15 pre-sale and $18 at the door. December 31 will cost you $20 presale and $25 at the door. Or plan ahead and buy a two-night pass for just $30.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player