Sonar 2009 Announces General Ticket Sale
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Some glad tidings for those who've been pondering how much hard-earned cash they'll have to fork over to attend this year's Sonar Festival in Barcelona, Spain. The three-day music and multimedia festival—set to take place June 18, 19, and 20—is now offering a special price of 125 euros a pop on all general admission passes, through January 31.
Once February 1 rolls around, the price will rise to 140 euros, which doesn't sound like a huge increase, but in this era of credit crunch, every dollar—foreign currency or no—counts. Tickets can be purchased online right now.
Still no word as to the lineup, but with a past roster that includes Ricardo Villalobos, Boys Noize, The Field, Flying Lotus, Neon Neon, and even unlikely candidates The Beastie Boys, the 2009 edition should be worth coughing up the cash for.
Pictured: Ricardo Villalobos. Photo By Marielle Van Doseburg.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsSpectral Sound Announces New EP from Patricia; Hear a Track Now
- MP3Liar "Key Party (Spurz 'Key Bump' Edit)"
- MP3HolloH "Laying Awake"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player