Thunderheist Signs to Big Dada
- Words: Chris Sabbath
Toronto's much-hyped club-banging twosome of Grahm Zilla and Isis–better known as Thunderheist–has signed to the Big Dada imprint and are set to unveil their self-titled full-length debut on March 31.
Mashing Baltimore club with sleazy, synth-heavy beats and a little ’80s flavor (à la Eurythmics), the group has reaped massive big-ups on the blog circuit thanks in part to the success of their Jerk It EP, and has spent the last two years turning dancefloors the world over into sweat-soaked saunas. Big Dada–the sister label of Ninja Tune–is home to the likes of Busdriver, Diplo, and Spank Rock, so Thunderheist should have no problem getting comfy in their new abode. The pair just rapped up a short sprint across Europe and will hit select clubs stateside in the New Year.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player