Thunderheist Signs to Big Dada
- Words: Chris Sabbath
Toronto's much-hyped club-banging twosome of Grahm Zilla and Isis–better known as Thunderheist–has signed to the Big Dada imprint and are set to unveil their self-titled full-length debut on March 31.
Mashing Baltimore club with sleazy, synth-heavy beats and a little ’80s flavor (à la Eurythmics), the group has reaped massive big-ups on the blog circuit thanks in part to the success of their Jerk It EP, and has spent the last two years turning dancefloors the world over into sweat-soaked saunas. Big Dada–the sister label of Ninja Tune–is home to the likes of Busdriver, Diplo, and Spank Rock, so Thunderheist should have no problem getting comfy in their new abode. The pair just rapped up a short sprint across Europe and will hit select clubs stateside in the New Year.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player