Amon Tobin and Doubleclick Collaborate
- Words: Maverick Newberry
There's a new production duo in town. Amon Tobin and Joe "Doubleclick" Chapman have joined forces under the Two Fingers moniker and have some music to send to the masses in the form of a self-titled debut album.
What we know so far is that the music is rooted in the drum and bass and hip-hop influences that have informed the guys' individual work, that the original demos of the new album persuaded London-based MC Sway to fly across the ocean and record several tracks with the duo, and, of course, that Paper Bag will release it on April 14. A first single, "What You Know," will be released digitally on January 13.
Pictured: Two Fingers in the studio with MC Sway.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player