Deep Red to Perform at The Zipper
- Words: Lulu McAllister
Deep Red, the collaborative project between Hercules & Love Affair keyboardist Morgan Wiley, bassist Andrew Raposo, and the voluptuous vocalist Nomi Ruiz, will perform this Friday, January 16 at The Zipper Factory.
The project, which formed while on a Hercules & Love Affair tour earlier this year, combines minimal electro, dance, and R&B with additional influence from Automato, the hip-hop band in which Wiley and Raposo also appeared.
The evening at The Zipper will feature two sets of dance music from DJ Pat Mahoney of LCD Soundsystem and an opening set from disco band Midnight Magic, led by vocalist Tiffany Roth. Both Midnight Magic and Deep Red have been working on their debut albums, to be released later this year on Midnight Sun Records.
Purchase tickets for the event here.
The Zipper Factory
336 W. 37th bet 8th & 9th
Friday, January 16th
10pm $15 adv $20 door
336 West 37th Street
New York, NY 10018
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player