Deep Red to Perform at The Zipper
- Words: Lulu McAllister
Deep Red, the collaborative project between Hercules & Love Affair keyboardist Morgan Wiley, bassist Andrew Raposo, and the voluptuous vocalist Nomi Ruiz, will perform this Friday, January 16 at The Zipper Factory.
The project, which formed while on a Hercules & Love Affair tour earlier this year, combines minimal electro, dance, and R&B with additional influence from Automato, the hip-hop band in which Wiley and Raposo also appeared.
The evening at The Zipper will feature two sets of dance music from DJ Pat Mahoney of LCD Soundsystem and an opening set from disco band Midnight Magic, led by vocalist Tiffany Roth. Both Midnight Magic and Deep Red have been working on their debut albums, to be released later this year on Midnight Sun Records.
Purchase tickets for the event here.
The Zipper Factory
336 W. 37th bet 8th & 9th
Friday, January 16th
10pm $15 adv $20 door
336 West 37th Street
New York, NY 10018
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player