Kraftwerk Founder Leaves Group
- Words: Maverick Newberry
It's been nearly 40 years since Florian Schneider and Ralf Hütter first joined forces and began making the music Kraftwerk would eventually become famous for, but from here on out, it seems that Hütter will be carrying the torch solo. Recent reports across the web, not to mention an announcement on the official Kraftwerk fan site, state that Schneider has finally called it quits, thereby leaving Hütter as the only original member of the group.
Reasons as to Schneider's departure aren't known at this time, though it's somewhat understandable that, after 40 years at the same job, he might want to branch out and try something new.
Kraftwerk—sans Schneider—is still slated to tour with Radiohead in South America this year, and as yet, it looks like the band will continue its projects as usual.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player