Kraftwerk Founder Leaves Group
- Words: Maverick Newberry
It's been nearly 40 years since Florian Schneider and Ralf Hütter first joined forces and began making the music Kraftwerk would eventually become famous for, but from here on out, it seems that Hütter will be carrying the torch solo. Recent reports across the web, not to mention an announcement on the official Kraftwerk fan site, state that Schneider has finally called it quits, thereby leaving Hütter as the only original member of the group.
Reasons as to Schneider's departure aren't known at this time, though it's somewhat understandable that, after 40 years at the same job, he might want to branch out and try something new.
Kraftwerk—sans Schneider—is still slated to tour with Radiohead in South America this year, and as yet, it looks like the band will continue its projects as usual.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player