MUTEK Plans 10-Year Anniversary
- Words: Jennifer Marston
It's already been established that MUTEK has grown older and wiser over the years, so now it's time to celebrate the festival's newfound maturity with a massive multi-day party that will be the 10th edition of MUTEK Montreal.
This year's festival will take place from May 27 - 31, once again in various locations around Montreal. An initial artist lineup is still under wraps, but expect the Richies, Carls, Modeselektors, and Megasoids to be out in full force during that time.
As part of the 10-year celebrations, the festival organizers have prepped a few preliminary events that will take place in January and February. Catch the MUTEK crew at Igloofest on January 23, then at Club Transmediale on February 1.
Pictured: Carl Craig gears up for this year's festivities. Photo By Riva Sayegh.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player