Twinight Presents Eccentric Soul Revue
- Words: Lulu McAllister
The label founders created the event based on a desire to give more exposure to funky soul relics than the commemorative 2CD it released two years prior.
The evening will feature performances by Syl Johnson, the Notations, and Nate Evans. Also slated to perform—for the first time in 30 years—are Renaldo Domino, the Kaldirons, and the Final Solution. In keeping with the review format, The Uptown Sound will provide inter-performance “curtain” music, complete with vocals, horns, strings, and their notably tight rhythm section. Preceding the show, an interactive slideshow of Chicago soul memorabilia and a DJ set from the Numero Group (and autograph/photo session) will wrap up the evening.
Tickets are $22 and can be purchased at numerogroup.com, Ticketmaster, or at the Park West box office.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player