Twinight Presents Eccentric Soul Revue
- Words: Lulu McAllister
The label founders created the event based on a desire to give more exposure to funky soul relics than the commemorative 2CD it released two years prior.
The evening will feature performances by Syl Johnson, the Notations, and Nate Evans. Also slated to perform—for the first time in 30 years—are Renaldo Domino, the Kaldirons, and the Final Solution. In keeping with the review format, The Uptown Sound will provide inter-performance “curtain” music, complete with vocals, horns, strings, and their notably tight rhythm section. Preceding the show, an interactive slideshow of Chicago soul memorabilia and a DJ set from the Numero Group (and autograph/photo session) will wrap up the evening.
Tickets are $22 and can be purchased at numerogroup.com, Ticketmaster, or at the Park West box office.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player