Twinight Presents Eccentric Soul Revue
- Words: Lulu McAllister
The label founders created the event based on a desire to give more exposure to funky soul relics than the commemorative 2CD it released two years prior.
The evening will feature performances by Syl Johnson, the Notations, and Nate Evans. Also slated to perform—for the first time in 30 years—are Renaldo Domino, the Kaldirons, and the Final Solution. In keeping with the review format, The Uptown Sound will provide inter-performance “curtain” music, complete with vocals, horns, strings, and their notably tight rhythm section. Preceding the show, an interactive slideshow of Chicago soul memorabilia and a DJ set from the Numero Group (and autograph/photo session) will wrap up the evening.
Tickets are $22 and can be purchased at numerogroup.com, Ticketmaster, or at the Park West box office.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player