Spectral Sound Releases Label Comp
- Words: Chris Sabbath
After eight years of banging out one dancefloor-shattering release after the next, Ann Arbor, MI-based imprint. Spectral Sound has prepped a second label compilation for fans.
Whether delving into acid-fried shell-shockers from Audion and James T. Cotton or the plinking micro rhythms of Jonas Kopp and Osbourne, Spectral Sound, Vol. 2—now available on iTunes, Beatport, and other digital download sites—dumps the best of the best minimal, techno, and tech-house tracks from the label's first 50 releases onto one massive, milestone compilation.
The compilation also features a megamix from Spectral DJ Derek Plaslaiko, who splices together some of his favorite cuts from the Spectral universe into an hour-plus assault. Plaslaiko is set to hit the road in the early months of 2009.
As an added bonus, dance and electronic site Resident Advisor will join forces with Spectral Sound for an exclusive giveaway contest. The two will award one lucky winner with the first 50 vinyl releases from the Spectral catalog. Contest information is available at the RA site.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player