Crookers, Moderat Play Sonar 2009
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Word is finally coming through as to just who is on the bill for Sonar 2009. The multi-day electronic music and arts festival, whose dates we announced late last year, unveiled its official lineup thus far, and it should please the techno purists, cool kids, and dubstep heads alike.
Britain-based duo Orbital will headline the festival, which will also see performances from Late of the Pier, Crookers, Moderat (Modeselektor and Apparat), Lars Hornveth, The Knife's Karin Dreijer Andersson as Fever Ray, and others. As the final icing on the musical cake, Sonar has invited legendary Jamaican singer Grace Jones to perform tracks from her new album, Hurricane, which was produced by Tricky and Brian Eno.
Additionally, there will be a few showcases during the festival, including those presented by Mary Anne Hobbs, the Ed Banger crew, Ostgun Ton, and Sunday Best.
Tickets are onsale now. Sonar 2009 takes place June 18, 19, and 20 in Barcelona.
Late of the Pier
DJ Mujava & MC Mzura
Erol Alkan presents Disco 3000
Micachu & The Shapes
Pictured: Crookers. Photo by Bob _Yeah.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player