Crookers, Moderat Play Sonar 2009
- Words: Maverick Newberry
Word is finally coming through as to just who is on the bill for Sonar 2009. The multi-day electronic music and arts festival, whose dates we announced late last year, unveiled its official lineup thus far, and it should please the techno purists, cool kids, and dubstep heads alike.
Britain-based duo Orbital will headline the festival, which will also see performances from Late of the Pier, Crookers, Moderat (Modeselektor and Apparat), Lars Hornveth, The Knife's Karin Dreijer Andersson as Fever Ray, and others. As the final icing on the musical cake, Sonar has invited legendary Jamaican singer Grace Jones to perform tracks from her new album, Hurricane, which was produced by Tricky and Brian Eno.
Additionally, there will be a few showcases during the festival, including those presented by Mary Anne Hobbs, the Ed Banger crew, Ostgun Ton, and Sunday Best.
Tickets are onsale now. Sonar 2009 takes place June 18, 19, and 20 in Barcelona.
Late of the Pier
DJ Mujava & MC Mzura
Erol Alkan presents Disco 3000
Micachu & The Shapes
Pictured: Crookers. Photo by Bob _Yeah.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player