Megan Whitmarsh Plans Exhibition
- Words: Jennifer Marston
"I am a child of the '70s whose sense of furturism is informed by Star Wars... a future with entropy, and drug use, and weeds growing in the cracks between the scratched Plexiglass windows of geodesic domes."
As can be surmised from the exhibition's name, the theme here is junk—piles of it, to be displayed all over the gallery. "When I make a giant mountain of handmade trash, I am lost in the fun of making and feel like a kid building a fort," she says.
Works by C.F. and Matt Furie will also show. An opening reception will take place on Saturday, February 21 from 7 to 10 p.m., and the exhibition runs through March 21.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player