Megan Whitmarsh Plans Exhibition
- Words: Jennifer Marston
"I am a child of the '70s whose sense of furturism is informed by Star Wars... a future with entropy, and drug use, and weeds growing in the cracks between the scratched Plexiglass windows of geodesic domes."
As can be surmised from the exhibition's name, the theme here is junk—piles of it, to be displayed all over the gallery. "When I make a giant mountain of handmade trash, I am lost in the fun of making and feel like a kid building a fort," she says.
Works by C.F. and Matt Furie will also show. An opening reception will take place on Saturday, February 21 from 7 to 10 p.m., and the exhibition runs through March 21.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player