Modeselektor and Apparat Reform Moderat
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Any good techno fan knows that 2009 is not the first year the name Moderat has surfaced. Fans of the genre (or electronic music in general) will recall that, in 2002, the Modeselektor boys (Gernot Bronsert and Sebastian Szary) joined forces with Apparat (Sascha Ring) and recorded the Auf Kosten der Gesundheit EP. But when the title of your release translates to "at the cost of health," something is probably wrong, and the boys found the process of recording that EP so daunting they disbanded before ever making a full-length.
Fast-forward seven years and it seems they've changed their minds. April 21 will see the release of said full-length, a self-titled album BPitch Control will put out. "Rusty Nails" is slated to be the first single and features Ring on vocals, as well as remixes by Shackleton and Booka Shade.
Also stay on the lookout for a limited-edition DVD version of Moderat, which will be produced by artist collective Pfadfinderei, who handles all visual elements of live Moderat performances.
01 A New Error
02 Rusty Nails
04 Slow Match (feat. Paul St. Hilaire)
05 3 Minutes Of
06 Nasty Silence
07 Sick With It (feat. Dellé aka Eased from Seeed)
08 Porc # 1
09 Porc # 2
10 No. 22
11 Out Of Sight
Photo by Melissa Hostetler.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- FeaturePachanga, Pantha du Prince, and a Japanese Drone Dance: 10 Reasons We Loved MUTEK.MX 2014
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
XLR8R Downloads Player